19.7.10

Meet the Millers



(Sunday)

I didn’t update yesterday (Saturday) because Alex Clary and I spent all day doing just about nothing. I worked on Sociology—napped—and just spent some downtown around the house. Today we awoke early and headed off to Madrid to meet up with the third bull, Alex Miller and his parents. We arrived promptly at 10am and did all of the introductions. We then made our way to the open air market in Madrid which is rumored to be one of the largest in the world. I’m not too sure about that, but it was quite extravagant. We walked around—the boys bought a couple of souvenirs for some friends back home. Afterward the Millers treated us to some Spanish McDonald’s and I opened the eyes of Kevin Miller (Alex’s Dad) to the beauty of beer at McDonald’s with your value meal. He loved it and asked if I thought they had free refills (mostly joking I think). Later, the Millers and company were set on going to the Prado Museum. We made our way there and they were nice enough to once again treat us to the entrance fee of 4€. We toured the Prado for well over two hours seeing all the paintings that we’ve studied over the past few years and I revisited quite a few loved paintings there as well. Around 5pm we all took on two pitchers of sangria and some tapas (appetizers) for about an hour. The Millers and their friends returned to their rooms to rest and the boys and I made our way for more souvenir shopping. Alex M. was able to find a shirt for his sister and a shirt for himself, which he proudly sported for a few moments later in the evening. Back at the hotel, we said goodbye and we all hugged. The Millers are heading back to the states tomorrow for rest and relaxation after 14 days in Europe. Lucky them.

This evening we worked on some homework for Tuesday, ate some dinner, had a few drinks with a couple of chicas from our group, and watched a little bit of the 10th Kingdom. We’ve almost finished up the whole movie—but there’s still an hour and some change left. So we’re crashing now—Alex Miller didn’t feel the need to blog tonight because I think he’s just too tired. We walked very far today and I’m definitely feeling the overexertion that my body withstood today—not to mention that my legs are really really chaffed and it’s killer. Anyway—tomorrow we’re sleeping in because classes start at 4pm and last til 9. It’ll be interesting—but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment