19.7.10

Absolut-ly Ridrinkulous.

(Thursday)
Today started off like any average day, save that we headed off early to the centro to make our official Nerja plans. I gave the bus company a call and was pretty well shot down with my Spanish. For some reason the girl who was on the other line couldn’t understand me well enough for me to buy bus tickets so I said goodbye and that was that. Approaching our director, Inma Pertusa, I explained the situation and she was wonderful enough to make the appropriate phone calls to get our tickets—only to find out that our tickets weren’t being sold. So—we tried online. Finding all of our information—passport numbers and names, she input all of our information in and what do you know? It actually worked! That means that Nerja 2010 is on like Diddy Kong! I’m ready to go and get bronzed at the beach! It was probably the biggest relief of the century to hear that everything worked out well. So our hostel is booked and so are our bus tickets. I’m ready to rock and so are my two Alejandros.

Coming back home this afternoon we were met with lentil soup and hot dogs—quite the ironic mix if you ask me. Afterward, we all napped until 6 and then wrote essays for our culture class over how soccer is probably the most unifying thing in this country and how the United States doesn’t have anything like that. Finishing up our essays, we showered and headed down to the supermarket to buy a bottle of Absolut Vodka, Orange Fanta, some delicious cream and Nutella mix, and croquets. Back at the house, hunger pangs invaded our privacy and we all went upstairs, fried the croquets, and heated up our dinner of ham and a not-so-delectable veggie mix that we ended up trashing. The dinner was pretty good minus the veggies. We ate out on the terraza (the terrace) and watched the sunset and it was one of the most beautiful nights I’ve spent in Segovia thus far. Afterward we broke out the bottle of booze and Fanta and I started mixing drinks. With the drinks we continued on our quest of finishing the 5 hour-long movie—The 10th Kingdom. We’re about 3 hours in after it has been all said and done. After a few drinks though, Segovia got even prettier. We were all feeling pretty good and after about 4 drinks I realized that there was no more Absolut in the bottle and our Fanta was gone as well—the boys and I were feeling pretty good. To be honest, it has been one of the most fun nights we’ve had thus far in Segovia. Now, let’s not compare this night to the beach in Barcelona because beer and pizza on the Mediterranean is quite different…but in comparison to expensive nights spent drinking beer at Oso Blanco—this has been a very wonderful evening and very cheap too.

To be honest, not much happened today, but I felt the need to blog. It’s a good habit to keep and I want to keep doing so. Do I still feel pretty good? Most definitely! That’s the beauty of Spain though; there is no shame here—(I blame Socialism). haha. Anyway, tomorrow we’re going to Granja—which is a local little city where we’re going to hike all over and enjoy the beautiful day. We’re excited. As well, Alex Miller is leaving us to go and meet up with his parents in Madrid tomorrow night. He’s pretty excited about that and I don’t blame him. It would be amazing to meet up with my loved ones in Madrid for three days of just fun. Alex Clary and I are going to visit him on Sunday and escort him back to Segovia since his parent’s are leaving on Monday—quite early. Saturday is dedicated to Sociology homework and whatever else Alex Clary and I can fathom. I expect shamelessness, as I am a shameless flower—according to my wonderful friend, Kristin Diggs.

That’s enough for this evening. Good night. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment