Well, sir. I understand when you say it's hard to turn it all over. When things get hard we feel this responsibility whether it's as a guy or whether it's just as a human to take care of ourselves, right? I mean, we ARE human.
But think that just feeds more to letting God take it all. And that's something that just doesn't happen until you make a conscious decision to let him to do.
I feel like I'm the last person on the earth that should be talking about this, because it was just today that I decided to let God take care of it...but to be honest, I was at a breaking point. I am tired of the life that I'm living...because it's not a good one. I'm sure you can understand because as people and especially as Christians we suffer a lot, perhaps more than people. But the good thing is--that at the end of the road--we've got the salvation coming. The other great thing is--that God will take whatever burden you've got, WHEN you want to give it to him.
I'm not an expert on relationships. I never have been. I've always been that person, though, that people like to come to when they've got problems with their significant other. Sometimes I can help them, sometimes not. I wish that I could wave a magic wand and make my friends lives easy and carefree until the end...but I can't. It's clear to me that I can't save the world, but I can listen to the problems and input as much as possible. And that's what I've come to realize about myself in college.
As for your lady, I can't make her not be the way she is. The only thing that can do that is herself. We both know that your girlfriend has a nice little temper that puts most people to shame. We also know that when people are in love, hurt hurts a heck of a lot worse than what it normally would.
But let's look at the past here, just for a second. (to kind of prove a point).
In the past, things like this have happened. Perhaps not this same situation, but perhaps the same insecurities and anger, distrust, and the feelings of hurt and ache are nearly the same. We've spoken about this before in the past and I think every time I tried to solve your problems with worldly devices...Whether those devices be through MY personal experience and what I would do in a situation like that, or someone else's. In the end, though, things always got better. Right?
Yeah.
But, they only get better when you turned them over to God.
And I know you say that this is a hard thing to do. I agree entirely. I'm a man and I don't like admitting that I need help. I don't like saying that I'm weak. I don't like spilling my flaws and problems to something that I can't touch.
And that's always been my problem.
But when I have the faith that I know God has blessed me with, and I let him just...kind of 'know' what's going on in my life...It gets easier. Not always right away. You and I both know that God works on his own time and sometimes it's not right away. But there's always a purpose. People in the Bible didn't suffer for God for no reason--there was always a reason.
The people in the Bible were human...just like us...just...older.
But that doesn't change the meaning.
I have to say that this may not go straight to your heart--that you may just say that it's hard...and Dude, I totally agree whole-heartedly. But when we dedicated ourselves to God, we knew that it wasn't always going to be easy.
So the moral?
When you let God, you let in something so much bigger than you. So much bigger and greater than all of us combined times infinity.
And when you're ready--he'll be waiting--like he always does.
And that is why Chris Tomlin sings that song "How Great is Our God."
Because he is.
So I wrote that to my friend because I've decided that living a life in the passenger seat of Christianity sucks. I'm tired of being burnt out and strung out and snuffed out. It's about time for a change--so here it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment