3.2.09

Queries and Agents and Editors--OH MY!

So I'm working on getting my book Your Son into some agents so that I can perhaps get it published. It's a lot of hard work, though. Especially trying to type out a query. 

What the hell is a query?

Good question!

Well a query is usually about a one page letter to an agent that addresses the agent, has a 'tagline' for the book, a paragraph analysis, and then a little bit about me. I thought that it wouldn't be too bad at first. But it's hard coming up with those little catchy phrases that make people want to read books. Really...I think it's especially hard since it's my work and I don't want to come across any more egotistical than I already am. 

So, as humbly as possible, I'm trying to write a tagline and a short snyposis for this book. Well it's hard. I feel like this gorrilla right now...


But I guess that's part of being a writer, isn't it? There's tough times and there's easy times. If I get this book published it will be a dream completed. If not, that's alright because I did start it when I was just sixteen. I'm almost twenty now and I've grown a lot as a writer, so I believe that anything I do from now could probably be considered a lot better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment