Dear Friend,
I've wanted to say thank you for quite a while now. You're such an important person in my life and I hardly know you. It feels that it was just yesterday that we met and when I think upon it, I think it was yesterday that we met. But in the days that I've come to know you, I've realized that your existence in my life has already inspired me to be the best that I can be. Secondly, I've come to realize that I care for you as a brother/sister. You're ranked high in my friends and I'm sad to wonder about the day that you'll disappear from my life to grow up and leave Neverland. Thankfully, I believe we both have departed from that fairy-tale and we're on a voyage to the real world once again. In the coming years, I will take immense pleasure in wondering how you are doing, whether distanced far or near. I will hope and pray the best for you and the wonders that will become of you. As well, I can also be reassured that the plans we've set in stone can't be washed away by the drumming of the gentle tide of time.
Dear Friend, I do realize, that people change, and that is hard. It's hard because I have changed in the four years that have come and gone between another brother and me. I have changed and I know that he has as well. Our foolish dreams have been put aside and we've taken on the adult roles that all people must pick up at some point. I do wonder, however, if I have accepted a sealed fate or am I secretly wanting to erase and rewrite what has been marked down for years now?
Dear Friend, you are so special to me. Like all of my friends, you have become like family to me and I will never forsake the place that you hold in my heart. You have claimed a piece of me that is saved for you, just like all of my friends have. Each piece of my heart is dedicated to a special person in my life, and even after these short few seconds of knowing each other, you've claimed your eternal spot. Whether I die tomorrow or you perish in a year, won't matter, though I will weep as I hope you might do for me. I will weep because our future plans will have been foiled, but I won't forsake nor forget them, and in the years that come, I will consummate the plans, even if you're not with me. I will go the distance and see the things that we would have seen together. If I am to leave, I want you to do the same for me. I want you to experience the beauty of the countryside and see the things that we could have gazed upon forever. I will do these things, though physically you do not accompany, you forever hold a piece of my heart.
No matter where life takes us, Dear Friend, try to keep in contact with me. It's so disheartening to learn that I have a wrong address and no way to reach you. Dear Friend, please write/call/visit as I will try my hardest to do the same. Speak of me, though not often so as to not deride your life into an apathetic lethargy. No, instead, think of me on occasion and smile. Know that soon we will take a leave to make a trip that will last for a lifetime, though not forever. Use our plans for inspiration, as I am doing now and smile. Please smile, because your smile can brighten even the darkest day.
Dear Friend, you are so special to me and we haven't even known each other more than a few days. Yet, I feel compelled to say that I love you brother/sister. I love you the way only family can, unshakeable and steadfast. I'm proud to call you family because there is no shame that you can bring or will ever cause to me or to anyone else. You're a proud person, but even the proudest people are humbled and I admire your vehemence and will to survive/travel. I hope to accompany you with the classic rock tunes of Bob Seger and Fleetwood Mac for the years to come.
Over the years, we will age, but Dear Friend, our friendship shan't wane but grow until we are old and speak with fervor of the past and of a future that won't be dry because we won't stop until we drop. But the hour grows late and with it, I grow tired. If however, Dear Friend, you knock at anytime, I will open the door. If, at anytime, you feel the need to speak I will hearken and wait for you to speak.
With all of the love a Brother can give,
Nate
1.4.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment