30.1.09

Like Summer (sin el calor)

Today I woke up and felt like summer. I could swear that I was in my own bed back home, listening to the birds chirp and chime outside of my window. It was a fantastic feeling. Like I was truly there. I could feel the warmth of a summer sun peaking over the horizon to start a brand new day. The sun would come forth and the day would be great and productive. It will be the fresh start that we've all been needing and we will feel whole and complete, even if we've been lacking in one area or another.

Then I woke up.

It's cold outside. But then sun is shining and it's beautiful. Smiles are playing on peoples lips because it's a Friday. The homework is finished and life seems a little bit better, now that it's Friday. 

Actually, I've got Taylor Swift playing on my iPhone right now. Gay, right? Not really. She's a fantastic singer and she's mighty sexy. Moreover, her voice just makes me feel like Summer. And though I'm not a summer person, the beauty of all things in full bloom makes me feel a little bit better. The fact that I can go outside and enjoy the fresh air, without wearing ten layers of thermals also makes me happy. 

Do you blame me though? 

I woke up this morning at 8:15 and I walked down to Lucina Hall. Spoke with a woman named Judy Nichols who pretty much showed me how I can get funded to go to Spain. So I'm going to apply for Spain tonight and send in the $150 for the application fee and see if I get in. If I don't, then I'm definetely planning on going elsewhere. 

But today is beautiful. Tonight will be wonderful. Tomorrow and the next will be easy and fun. And that's the beauty of a good attitude. 

Even without the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment